Friday, June 03, 2005

Unusual Safety Complaint of the Year

Severe burns are no joke.

That being said, here is the strangest accident reported in a long time: a methane gas explosion in a portable toilet. Reportedly methane leaked into the toilet from a ruptured line that carried methane from abandoned coal mines. The gas exploded when the victim, a power plant employee, lit a cigarette.

The incident occurred last year. CNN reports that the victim is now suing the coal company that owns the property and others:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/06/03/toilet.lawsuit.ap/index.html?section=cnn_latest

KDKA television covered the incident when it first happened:

http://kdka.com/water/watercooler_story_205142813.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home